|Born in Los Angeles in
October, 1947, Mark is the son of Herb Remington, renown steel guitarist
for Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys. He began his own performing career
as a member of his school choir, and quickly recognized that he had more
than an adequate voice and musical ability.|
After serving four years in the Army singing for the Chaplains Corp, he was honorably discharged and continued to pursue his career in the country music venue that he had grown to love most. Influenced by musical greats, Marty Robbins, Frank Ifield, Jim Reeves, Don Gibson and Don Edwards, his musical style became more and more traditionally western.
As you listen to Mark's treatment of his songs, original and traditional, his soothing voice and authentic style are unmistakable, and will leave you wanting to hear more - and Mark is willing to give more, with a heart as big as Texas.
Mark now resides in Ruidoso, New Mexico where Western music and Western Swing are loved today as much as ever before.
Mark performed with Cindy Renee & Partyline for seven years as lead guitarist and vocals, Bobby Lloyd Band for one year and also with Razzy Bailey, Dottie West, THE SHOPPE, and Colin Raye.
He now performs Thursday through Sunday at the TEXAS CLUB in Ruidoso, New Mexico.
|Generations by Mark
1. Mr. Moon Over Texas Writer, Lee Stuart-Ozan Publishing
2. God Knows I Love Her Writer, Larry Fargo-Stagecoach Publishing
3. The Leader of the Red Oak Band Writer, Larry Fargo
4. I Like Her There Writer, Leo Teel-Teel Billy Publishing, Nashville
5. The Candy Store Writer, Lee Stuart-Ozan Publishing
6. Got a Letter from My Kid Today Writer, Bob Wills
7. Texas Moonbeam Waltz Lyrics, John Carroll
8. Yearning Writer, Bob Wills
9. South of the Border Writers, Carr/Kennedy
10. Melody Writer, Mark Remington
11. You Only Have to Be So Tall Writer, Mark Remington
12. Ricochet Rag Writers, Snuff Garrett & Herb Remington
13. White Mountain Writer, Mark Remington
Recorded at Limelight Studio, Dickinson, TX 77539
Produced by Jack Baggett, Jr.
2002 Mark Remington Productions
White Elephant Saloon, Ft. Worth, TX
Cowboy Poetry Week, Cojmerical Hotel, Elko, NV 1994-95-96
Grapevine Opry, Grapevine, TX
Cowboy Symposium, Glencoe, NM 1996-2002
Stardust Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Fremont Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Union Plaza, Las Vegas, NV
Palace Station, Las Vegas, NV
\Sanis Town, (also Laughlin, NV)
Snyder Western Swing Festival, Snyder, TX 2002
|To purchase Mark's CD for $17.00 (includes shipping and handling) or for booking information please write to his e-mail address listed above.|
|Michael B. Rowe|
|Click Player Buttons Above To listen Music from this CD|